KALFI LEAD Mentoring is akin to the relationship between the sports trainer and the athlete. The mentee gains from the experience and knowledge of the mentor who uses such knowledge to hone the student towards developing her talents and possibilities to the full. Thus the LEAD student should understand that mentoring is vital in her full development and therefor should take full advantage of this service of the mentor.
For the mentoring relationship to be effectively fruitful, the LEAD student is highly encouraged to see her mentor with the prescribed regularity. The mentee is likewise encouraged to be so open and sincere as to make her observation on how the mentor keep intact the culture of excellence in the mentoring process. The observations are best communicated to the program managers.
The Mentoring Program aims at the following objectives:
- to gain familiarity with the basic concepts and principles of mentoring against the backdrop of a common understanding of KALFI’s core values;
- to master the interplay of values, character, and morals in the learners’ wholeperson education;
- to be equipped with the basic skills of effective mentoring;
- to be exposed to some select good mentoring practices;
- to learn the fundamentals of evaluating the mentoring process and stages in creating a mentoring culture